Greece: Pakistani migrant charged with raping 8-year-old boy

By admin
3 Min Read

A Pakistani migrant, aged 20, has been charged with raping an 8-year-old boy in a field close to the migrant reception facility on the Greek island of Kos, located in the southeastern Aegean Sea.
The suspect is accused of luring the young boy to an empty field near the island’s migrant reception facility and threatening to kill him before physically overpowering the child and raping him, Greek newspaper Proto Thema reports .
The Pakistani migrant is expected to stand trial in early January at the Rhodes Mixed Jury Court for the rape, which took place in the summer of 2019.
Following the sexual assault, which was promptly reported to authorities after it occurred on July 19, 2019, Kos police managed to track down and arrest the 20-year-old perpetrator. After confessing to having raped the young boy, the Pakistani migrant was subsequently arrested and then placed in prison where he remains to this day.
The suspect, who is charged with rape and having sexual intercourse with a minor under the age of 12, will appear before the Mixed Jury Court of Rhodes on Jan. 12, 2021.
According to a report by the Greek newspaper Rodiaki, another Pakistani migrant who’s accused of attempting to rape two women in Kos in October of 2019, will also appear before the Mixed Jury Court of Rhodes on Jan. 12.
The first attack, which took place on Saturday, Oct. 12, 2019, shortly after 6:00 p.m., saw the 27-year-old Pakistani approach a 41-year-old Greek woman from behind and try to forcefully remove her blouse. Before the migrant could seriously assault her, the woman screamed for help, which caused the perpetrator to flee the scene.
Immediately after the assault, the 41-year-old victim alerted police to the situation, who then began combing the area near the beach of Lampi in Kos. Before police were able to catch up with him, the 27-year-old Pakistani migrant managed to sexually assault another victim, this time a 30-year-old German woman.
Like he had done in the first attack, the Pakistani approached the unsuspecting woman from behind and began groping her and kissing her on the neck. When the 30-year-old German attempted to escape by running toward the sea, the Pakistani chased after her before violently pushing her into the water. Despite injuring the German woman, the perpetrator continued molesting her in the water. At one point, he even pushed her head underwater, nearly drowning her in the process.
Afraid for her life, the 30-year-old woman then shouted at the top of her lungs for help, which resulted in the Pakistani fleeing toward police officers who had been searching for him in the area. He was subsequently arrested and taken into police custody.

Share This Article