Russia seizes a number of key villages, Zelensky claims Moscow is ‘dragging out the war’

Foreign soldiers and equipment continue to arrive in Ukraine, according to Russian analysts

KRAMATORSK, UKRAINE - MARCH 22: A fire burns at the site of a destroyed private residential building hit by a Russian guided bomb on March 22, 2025 in Kramatorsk, Donetsk Oblast, Ukraine. In the afternoon, the Russian army dropped two guided aerial bombs on the city, hitting civilian infrastructure, including private residential buildings in a densely populated residential area. In an attempt to achieve territorial gains and concessions from Ukraine in possible negotiations, Russia is intensifying its shelling of frontline and rear cities of Ukraine and its civilians. (Photo by Viktor Fridshon/Global Images Ukraine via Getty Images)
By Remix News Staff
3 Min Read

According to the TASS news agency, the Russian Defense Ministry announced the capture of Zaporizhzhia and Panteleimonivka in Donetsk, Shcherbaki in Zaporizhia, and Veselivka in Sumy over the weekend. However, according to Russian sources, Ukraine continues to receive significant amounts of weapons from the West, writes Magyar Nemzet

The report out of the ministry states that the Russian army has managed to advance on four of the six Ukrainian front lines over the past day. According to the military report, almost 1,500 Ukrainian soldiers and foreign mercenaries have been killed or seriously wounded in the war zone, and more than 160 in the Kursk region.  However, both Russian and Ukrainian reports cannot be independently verified and both sides are believed to exaggerate the losses of enemy combatants.

“Russia is making a mockery of peacekeeping efforts around the world. It is dragging out the war and sowing terror because it still feels no real pressure,” Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky has said, who pointed out that a wave of drone strikes that hit Ukraine on Saturday.

Russia is said to have launched 170 drones in that attack, resulting in four deaths in Dnipro from a strike on a hotel, which also injured 21, including a pregnant woman.

The Russian news outlet stated that among the military targets and equipment destroyed or hit in Ukraine over the past day are several military airports, ammunition depots, drone assembly workshops, drone warehouses, and two tanks. In addition, 14 other armored combat vehicles, and two American JDAM guided aerial bombs were destroyed.

German, Scandinavian, Latin American, and French troops have also arrived, while the number of Poles and Romanians unexpectedly decreased, according to Sergei Lebedev, coordinator of the pro-Russian underground movement in Mykolaiv.

According to Moscow, Ukrainian forces, which invaded the Kursk region on Aug. 6 last year, have lost more than 71,050 people, 402 tanks, 329 infantry fighting vehicles, 290 armored personnel carriers, 2,235 armored combat vehicles, 2,575 vehicles, 590 artillery pieces and 53 multiple launch rocket systems.

Russian forces are expected to increase the pressure on Ukrainian forces stationed on the border with Dnipropetrovsk Oblast.

At the same time, while Ukrainian forces are on the retreat in the Kursk region of Russia, they have entered the Belgorod region in what could be a new offensive.

“Just as Ukrainian forces are losing their grip on the pocket of Russia’s Kursk region they captured last year, they have staged a little-publicized incursion into the adjacent Belgorod region, according to Russian military bloggers,” according to a Reuters reports. 

Share This Article