Spain: Women flee Ceuta after 15 rapes recorded since end of July, 10-year-old sexually assaulted by 3 Moroccans

"I need someone to walk me to my front door at 29 years old. I never thought I would have to live through this situation we're facing – never."

By Remix News Staff
7 Min Read

The Spanish Civil Guard has now confirmed there have been 15 rapes in Ceuta since the mass migrant invasion at the end of July, which has continued to shake Europe. In response, women are now reportedly fleeing the city in greater numbers as sexual violence spreads and scenes from the city portray a government unable to contain the growing chaos on the beaches and streets.

The latest rape reportedly occurred on Friday night on Lisboa Street, where three migrant brothers reportedly sexually assaulted a 10-year-old girl. An investigation is ongoing regarding the incident. Remix News reported last week that five underage Moroccan girls had reportedly been raped in Ceuta since July 30, along with one underage boy. Since then, the number has risen to 15, according to the Spanish newspaper El Mundo.

Women in Ceuta are now reportedly looking for an exit. Two sisters, Yoli and María José, say they have left the city until the crisis ends due to fear for themselves and their daughters.

“What we are going through is very hard and it is very hard to hear journalists justify this Government, justify everything. We can’t take it anymore, we feel humiliated, trampled. I have had to take my daughters out of their house because the Government does nothing, because Mr. Pedro Sánchez is on vacation in La Mareta. Nobody cares about us,” said Yoli to Spanish television network Cuatro.

There have now been dozens of videos of women, both young and old, expressing their fears over the crisis. One asked, “Why do I have to leave my city, the city where my mother gave birth to me, where I was raised, and where I want to raise my children? What we are living through is very extreme.”

“I need someone to walk me to my front door at 29 years old. I never thought I would have to live through this situation we’re facing – never.”

Another woman said she woke up to find a Moroccan migrant in his underwear in her bed after he climbed up multiple stories to slip into her room through the balcony window early in the morning.

The sexual assault of the 10-year-old girl has also shocked residents, with one local woman saying she was now afraid to let her children go outside.

The Civil Guard has already identified approximately 1,800 minors, who have all been issued an identification bracelet. Sources cited by El Mundo indicated that these minors are simply released back to the streets since they cannot be returned to Morocco.

Beyond the threat of rape and sexual assault, daily life has also come to a halt in many respects. Many areas of the beach remain occupied by thousands of migrants, while health services speak of a catastrophe due to the influx of patients, many carrying and transmitting diseases like tuberculosis.

The government has tried to present a picture of calm but an announcement that tents would start being erected for the migrants has fueled fears that many of the migrants could be in the area for some time to come. Meanwhile, 1,500 agents of the Civil Guard and the National Police, along with military personnel, continue to operate in the area.

Police sources have also pointed out deficiencies in border controls, among them problems with air conditioning and identification systems.

During controls, Spanish police have also detained an immigrant with history of terrorism and other crimes, who also had an arrest warrant from Interpol. The detainee remains in Ceuta while the procedures for his extradition are completed. The case raises fears that during the chaos, migrants with terrorist motives may have made their way to European territory.

Share This Article