Germany: Nigerian migrant grabs 9-year-old boy and stabs 2 police officers, immediately released by the courts

The Nigerian also bit one officer, attacked another, and left three others with injuries, but the prosecutors refuse to charge him

By John Cody
4 Min Read

Following a growing wave of stabbing attacks across Germany perpetrated by migrants, a Nigerian migrant has added to the growing toll of victims, this time stabbing three officers in 16 hours in the city of Karlsruhe.

The 36-year-old Nigerian is still at large after three different attacks, targeting various officers in the span of 18 hours. Despite the serious crimes, the man is still at large.

On Friday, at 12:45 p.m., the man grabbed a 9-year-old boy at the main station in Karlsruhe in the state of Baden-Würtemberg, located in the southwest of Germany. Police intervened to save the boy, and the African man bit one of the officers, while three police suffered abrasions during the scuffle.

Then, 13 hours later, the same man wanted to travel without a ticket and got on a night train at 1:50 a.m. When police officers confronted him over his illegal action, the situation quickly escalated.

“The man put up considerable resistance and repeatedly stabbed the officers from behind with the blade of a cutter knife,” said a police spokeswoman. One of the officers was stabbed in the head, arm and hand, while another officer was cut on his leg. Both police officers were treated in the hospital and are unable to work while they recover from their injuries.

Despite attempts to charge the man, the public prosecutor released the Nigerian.

He immediately went back to riding the train without purchasing a ticket, and on Saturday at 7 a.m., a police spokeswoman described how he once again attacked a federal police officer when he was stopped.

“During the police check, the 36-year-old suddenly attacked a federal police officer, grabbing him by the arm. The suspect was brought to the ground and temporarily arrested.”

Berlin Germany June 7, 2024: The German police union organized a silent march for police officer Rouven Laur, who was killed in an attack in Mannheim

The man was simply released by a public prosecutor even after the officers applied for an arrest warrant twice. Both requests were rejected for unknown reasons. Attempts by Bild newspaper to reach the prosecutor’s officer to explain why the man was not held in custody and charged were unsuccessful.

The man remains on the streets despite the crime spree. According to BILD information, the federal police officers in Karlsruhe informed their superiors. Now they hope that another public prosecutor will take on the case on Monday.

Officers have increasingly become victims of stabbing attacks perpetrated by migrants. The attack comes after a wave of knife attacks in Germany and violent incidents involving foreigners, with perhaps the most prominent case involving an Islamic Afghan knife attacker who managed to stab a German police officer to death in Mannheim. The known Islamist had lived in Germany illegally for eight years, according to police sources.

Shortly after that attack, Germany’s governing left-liberal government signaled they want to bring in more migrants from Syria and Afghanistan at a summit on migration.

Just days later, an Afghan migrant attacked police officers with a long-bladed weapon at a bus stop in Mecklenburg-Vorpommern.

On June 30, an Iranian migrant stabbed a police officer trainee in Lauf an der Pegnitz, who was saved by his protective vest.

Share This Article