A 30-year-woman told Greek media that there is an organized group of migrant men on the isle of Kos who are praying on young women, revealing that she herself had a close escape.
The woman, known only as Maria, has come forward and claimed that just meters away from where the body of 27-year-old Anastazja Rubińska was found, a person of interest in that murder investigation tried to rape her. She further warned of a widescale problem on the Greek island of migrant men “hunting women.”
Maria told Greek broadcaster MEGA that a man who is a friend of the prime suspect in the murder of Anastazja Rubińska tried to rape her in early June, in a spot just meters away from where the body of the 27-year-old Pole was found.
Missing Polish woman on Greek island of Kos found dead, Bangladeshi migrant arrested
Anastazja Rubinska’s body was found naked and half wrapped in a black garbage bag less than a mile from the prime suspect’s home
Her recollection of the attempted rape was that during a night out someone spiked her drink. Her body seemed paralyzed even though her mind was functioning clearly. She managed to get away from the Pakistani man and is relieved she did not meet the fate of the young woman murdered there just days later.
Maria accused the local police of being passive in response to her attempts to reach them and revealed she has now left the island for her hometown.
Polish media reveals Polish woman murdered on Greek island of Kos was gang raped by migrant suspects
Poland’s PM is demanding one suspect be extradited to Poland
A 32-year-old Bangladeshi migrant is being held as the prime suspect for the murder of Anastasia Rubińska. He has already been charged with abduction and rape.
On Tuesday, upon the order of the Polish Minister of Justice, two prosecutors from Poland traveled to the island of Kos. “Intensive negotiations are underway with the Greek prosecutor’s office and Ministry of Justice to obtain their consent to participate in procedural activities and promptly familiarize themselves with the evidence collected so far,” Polish Justice Minister Zbigniew Ziobro announced on Wednesday.
“European investigation orders have been issued for this purpose,” he added.