It was a nightmare Saturday for a 17-year-old boy in Roma and his mother. As Il Tempo reported, they were allegedly robbed and raped by two migrant minors.
The tragic story began on a street in Centocelle, Rome. The young man was on his way to his vehicle when two individuals armed with knives threatened him, robbed him of his cellphone and the little money he had, and then forced him to have oral sex on the street. Then they have reportedly made the victim take them to his home in the Casal Monastero area on the eastern outskirts of the capital, where they have stolen €200 and abused the boy’s 54-year-old mother in the same way as her son.
Italy: Shocking video published of teenage girls groped by gang of ‘foreign’ males on New Year’s Eve in Milan
One of the victims reportedly told police that she had been groped by at least one male as others attempted to undress her
“They threatened my son with a knife to the throat, what else could I do? They told us they would kill us both if I didn’t give them the money. After the violence, I thought I’d distract them by making them sandwiches. Two 13-year-old girls slept in the next room,” the attacked woman told the Corriere della Sera news outlet.
The two attackers of Tunisian nationality fled but were tracked down a few hours later by the Viminale and Sant’Ippolito police who then charged the two 17-year-old with aggravated robbery and sexual assault.
Italy: Shocking rape cases involving migrants leads League party politicians to call for ‘chemical castration’
Rapes of both elderly women and underage girls have fueled anti-migrant sentiment in Italy and threatened the electoral chances of the ruling left-wing government
Now, the investigators are reconstructing the whole attack. It appears that during the first assault, the North Africans were in the company of another peer. The arrest was made thanks to the father and husband of the victims who was away from home at the time of the tragedy. The man reportedly traced the GPS of his son’s smartphone stolen by the perpetrators.
The two suspects previously escaped from a juvenile detention center. Due to their age, the case will be handled by the prosecutor’s office for minors.
According to Corriere della Sera, the investigators also seized the cell phones of the two minors with the footage of a part of the attack that they published to social media.